Monday 30 January 2012

Australia Day Celebrations

Congratulations to our new citizen who celebrated Australia Day by applying for and receiving Australian citizenship.

Congratulations also to the Echuca-Moama Rotary Club for organising such a wonderful event to celebrate our national day.

A big thank you to the many people who commented on 'Welcome to Australia', it really was my privilege to present my new poem at this great event.

And while I'm thanking people, another big thank you to the audience of more than 30 people who came along to the Barmah Australia Day Picnic. This was a lovely morning and I really enjoyed presenting some great traditional Australian Bush Poetry as well as some of my original work on our special day.

And just to top off a pretty good day - complete with the sight of some of our beautiful brumbies running free out in the Barmah Forest, we were lucky enough to hear a reading of another of my original poems, 'Celebrating Australia Day' on EMFM Thursday evening. I enjoyed your reading, Fred, thank you so much.

Bewdy mate!

Cheerio for now,  Nerelie

No comments:

Post a Comment