Wednesday 10 October 2012

Travelling Performer

G'day Everyone,

What a fantastic experience - being the Aussie Bush Poet travelling performer on The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin in late September.

This really was a privilege, and to present two performances in the Adelaide Lounge, two in the Red Gum Lounge and reading my new poem, 'The Camel of Iron: The Ghan' over the P A system for all passengers was a once in a lifetime experience.

Not only did I get to share my love of some of Australia's best loved traditional poetry, having my original work so well received by an audience ranging from seniors to young children was incredibly encouraging.

As well as that, seeing our great red heart and travelling from our southern coastline to our northern coastline in the comfort of one of Australia's best known trains, The Ghan, was fantastic. I really recommend this trip to all Australians and international visitors.

Cheerio for now,

Nerelie

No comments:

Post a Comment