Monday 17 September 2012

Rivers 'n' Ramblings

G'day 

I'd really love you to see Rivers 'n' Ramblings. It looks great, well I think so anyway. The front cover has one of Leigh's great photos of the Port of Echuca from the NSW bank of The Murray River, (although technically both banks are NSW's but that's neither here nor there), with four of our fantastic paddle steamers lined up on the high water.

Sixteen of my original works of Australian Bush Poetry are then presented for your enjoyment and the back cover has a photo of the Echuca Bush Poet (me) on board the P. S. EMMYLOU on The Murray River, just around the first western-ish bend from the historic Port of Echuca.

So, what's my bush poetry like, I hear you ask. 

My aunt and uncle said yesterday that they really like the book and they're going to read through it this week. For the first time they saw me present one of my works, Feet of Clay with its new stanza:

"But late one night, through mists of time, came the ghostly voice of Ned"

and said they'd never imagined that's what my Bush Poetry was actually like - and I wasn't wearing my drizabone and Barmah Bush Hat.

You'll have to come and see one of my performances if you want to know more. Now, that'll be very hard for many of you. I've just checked the statistics for Not Clancy's Blog and here's a big "G'day" to visitors from the United States, Russia, Germany, Latvia, United Kingdom, South Korea, Malaysia, Netherlands and Ukraine. So you might have to get a copy of either Wattle 'n' Wanderings or Rivers 'n' Ramblings

If you're interested in either of my books then please contact me on the blog and we'll work out how to get them to you.

Cheerio for now

Nerelie


No comments:

Post a Comment