Wednesday 14 November 2012

Melbourne Cup & The Mug Punter

G'day

"I'm a punter once-a-year when I join in with the cheer and frivolity that is the Melbourne Cup
I read the racing guide and look for omens far and wide then with hopeful heartbeats open purse strings up" 


Yep, that's me, a once-a-year Melbourne Cup Day punter. And as put my marks in the wrong place on the TAB ticket and listened to the questions and comments from other once-a-year punters I reckoned my latest poem, 'Mug Punter', hit the nail right on the head.

This poem even had a run at a Cup Day function address on Queensland's Gold Coast, and I'm still grinning when I think about my brother-in-law presenting 'Mug Punter' to his audience. Bet they enjoyed watching what he was doing more than hearing the poem!

Cheerio,

Nerelie

No comments:

Post a Comment