Tuesday 29 November 2011

G'day Again and Welcome

Hi Everyone,

I really wish I knew another language. I'd really like to be able to welcome to those folks from Russia, Germany and Malaysia who are visiting this blog. Welcome anyway, it's great to think that you're interested in our Australian Bush Poetry.

And 'Hi' to the many Americans who also visit my blog. On my last visit to America very early this year, I almost had the opportunity to present Australian Bush Poetry on a couple of Amtrak trains. That would have been fantastic, but it just didn't quite come off.

Very late last year, on our way across Canada on the VIA trains, I'd been invited to present a couple of Aussie Bush Poetry sessions and what a lot of fun that was. We had a fantastic time travelling across Canada and the U S by train. 

We wanted a White Christmas and certainly had that. We celebrated Christmas Eve in Jasper and attended the beautiful little Episcopal Church's Christmas Eve service. Greetings Father Julio if you're reading this.

We spent New Year's Eve in Halifax and then headed south to Boston and Philadelphia before boarding Amtrak and heading back across the U S to LAX and home. Not only did we have a fantastic trip, it was while I was checking my emails in ReLAX at the airport that I learnt my beautiful little grand-daughter had arrived three months early in the middle of the Queensland floods.

Nearly twelve months later, this gorgeous little girl, her mum, dad and her older brother have all settled into a wonderful routine of family fun. From starting her life in an intensive nursing care unit, our beautiful little girl's now tearing around on all fours, setting lap records of the lounge room.

Life's wonderful isn't it!

Now, I'm not sure why all that popped itself onto Not Clancy's Blog, but perhaps it's just a hint to my American visitors that we're talking about our next trip to visit you. With a bit of luck, we'll be seeing you and your Canadian neighbours again in the next couple of years. Love those trains.

I hope you'll keep a bit of an eye on the blog over the next couple of weeks. There's some very exciting things in the Echuca Bush Poet's little corner of the world about to happen. I'll keep you informed, because with a bit of luck, you'll be able to come along to at least one of the events ...

Cheerio for now,

Nerelie

No comments:

Post a Comment